Mirror, Mirror! By SIMPSON TOKS



Mirror, Mirror!
How many times do you look at a mirror in a day? Or how many of us didn’t look at a mirror today?
Why do people look at the mirror? What’s so special about the mirror that some people spend hours in front of it?
It has been established that during the slave trade era, our ancestors, exchanged as much as 100 to 200 of their kinsmen for just a mirror! That’s how much man wants to see a reflection of himself!
I never understood the power of a mirror until late last year, when I stood in front of it for 30mins, just staring at me! I was not applying make up, I was just looking at me! That day I saw in me, what no one has seen-what I never saw before.

Isaw the past, present and future all in my reflection! I saw my strengths, weaknesses, I saw myself the way I’ve not, I spoke to myself the way I’ve not done in a very long time It’s amazing what you can do to you just by staring at you! Try it.
Sometimes, until we see our reflections on the mirror, we take lightly the compliments others pass on us about our outfits.
If the mirror holds so much importance, then let’s consider a mirror far better than the physical mirror. Let’s consider God’s mirror (His Word)
Now let’s consider this Scriptural passage
Heb.12:2. Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. KJV
As Christians, the only reflection we should see whenever we look at the mirror, (God’s Word) is Jesus!
If we see anything else apart from Jesus, then we are not yet there, for the Bibles says that We died to the world, but now we are alive in Christ, so the life we live now is not ours but Christ’s

Let’s consider James 1:24-25. For if anyone only listens to the Word without obeying it and being a doer of it, he is like a man who looks carefully at his [own] natural face in a mirror;
For he thoughtfully observes himself, and then goes off and promptly forgets what he was like.
But he who looks carefully into the faultless law, the [law] of liberty, and is faithful to it and perseveres in looking into it, being not a heedless listener who forgets but an active doer [who obeys], he shall be blessed in his doing (his life of obedience). AMP.

Lets break these Passages down. Consider V24, it says that if you listen to the word, or read the word, (In other words, if you look into the mirror-God’s word) and you don’t obey it, you have only see your (own) self! Because whenever you see yourself, all you see is the FLESH!

Now when I say you should only see Christ in God’s word, what I mean is whatever you see should spur you unto becoming more and more like Him every day! Jesus Christ didn’t die, to reconcile you to yourself, NO! you were already dead before he came, it was through His death, that brought you (Your spirit man) back to life, now here’s the glorious thing, it’s through the resurrection of your spirit man, that your flesh was put to death!, Now if your Spirit man is alive, then it yearns for God! Remember the Bible says The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit (not our flesh,) that we are the sons of God. 

Any message you listen to, that does not point you to the resurrected Christ, is heresy!!! Any message you hear, or any book you read that glorifies, you (yourself) outside God is poisonous to your spirit man!
Whenever you look at the mirror-that is God’s Word, you should see Christ in you, remember HE lives in you, not beside, or behind you!

Its unfortunate that today, some men of God only point the congregation to themselves-and not Christ, thus without them, the members are nothing!. A Christian should be able to relate with God, with or without his/her pastor! 

I was watching a cable network one day and I heard a ‘man of God’ led his congregation to pray this prayer, “Lord, show me my enemy, and leave the rest to me!!!” I smiled and changed the channel!
Quikly, John 15:5 flooded my mind

I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing

Imagine God shows you your enemy (the Devil) and then leaves the scene!! That’s going to be catastrophic!!

Finally as I round up, let’s consider. 2Cor.3:18
And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.

Do you remember that popular saying that “a broken mirror can still reflect” in other words, even if it’s a fraction of the whole mirror, it will still reflect. That’s exactly what God’s mirror (His Word) does. No fraction of His word is useless! He Himself said, His word is like rain, it won’t come back to Him void! Jesus said, not a coma, will pass without being fulfiled!
But today, we pick God’s word and quote it out of context to fulfil debased desires, lustful passions, and greedy intents! What a shame!
To be like Christ, You have to look at Christ.
It is only when you look at the mirror-God’s word (either, audible or visible) that you can see Christ, you can’t see Christ outside God’s Words!  And until you see Christ, all you’ll see is yourself, and until you stop seeing yourself, you’ll never see the best God has in store for you. Let others see Jesus in you, but see Him in yourself first, only then will you be constantly  transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit. Halleluyah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tree of Inspiration By Babatunde Paul

THE REAL ME : SEYI MABEWEJE

DON'T QUIT :LATILO FISAYO.