ONCE UPON A TRIAL BY JOSEPH-SAM SARAH.



On a high mountain lies a special stone
With determination and diligence i tried to get it
I climbed with strength even when i cannot see
The scorching sun and stormy wind i could not atone
Enjoying the cold chills and hot heat
Slowly, steady, like the flow of the sea
A day and night i was there

After a day, i met an ant
Though very small and weigh less
'I have been climbing for a week' says it
Relentlessly, it had kept on moving with a believing heart
The scorching sun and the stormy wind makes not it pain less
I reasoned and learn from it
Two days and two night, i was there

With slow pace, i inhaled and climbed
My thirst and hunger joined forces
Eating and drinking away my strength
Never falling off, i became deaf to doubt
Go back! go back!! was the echoed voices
I moved forward and imagined the end
Three days and three night, i was there

On the fourth day, i decidedly stopped
Hoping to find my helper
The bee hummed and said;
Have you got love?
Have you got a good heart?
Have you got confidence and patience?
Then get up and go!

The mountain top was an embroidery palace
The special stone awaits to be worn
Remembering the journey, i nodded in approval
I sat and watched like a royal ass
The friendly air and my familiar relaxed thoughts
All merge to become a reliable comforter
For the rest of my days, i lived happily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tree of Inspiration By Babatunde Paul

THE REAL ME : SEYI MABEWEJE

DON'T QUIT :LATILO FISAYO.