THE MAN: FAME AFTER PAIN JOSEPH-SAM SARAH


Under the dark-yellowed sun
I shed dry tears of sweat
Whistling the tune of a cymbalic song
I forgot my tight tilted hair
Knotted with a bond of rejection

My birth place was an history
The pain of an innocent woman was a mystery
A man fighting war was in distress
No one was present for the naming feast
 Neither  a soul nor a pin

Brought up by a foster parent
My mind and body in pain
Deceived and clothed with a fake apparel
With struggling feet, i tried in vain
I was named without a name

A wondrous work of art i learn
Slowly perfect, strong in heart
With my master's word; you are lame
But in my works; i grew in fame
Surely, truly, this is what i am

I am me and me is I
Living according to my willful self
The days drew nigh
Was greedy but never covetous, enjoying but never obsessed
I was painted with an honorary gold

From me, three sons lived
Same aim, different bloodline and ties
Bond with a tiny string of affection
Lovers of inheritance, party and political actions
Together they waxed stronger

Happy liveth me when i died
Day by day i looked in admirations
Laughing with a bountiful smile
Rejoicing over my celebration
The journey seem easy

Woe to my former pains
There is none as my restful days
The wind might blow blindly
The storms might be unfriendly
I remain as firm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tree of Inspiration By Babatunde Paul

THE REAL ME : SEYI MABEWEJE

DON'T QUIT :LATILO FISAYO.