BUILT TO LAST: MOYIN OKELEYE.

She's one of the young writer's I respect cos of her sense of reasoning. This is one good writeup from her.
I see little kids running around naked
Kids with happy imperfect mindsets
I see a mother and a baby meddling vigorously at her breast
I see injustice and corruption
Resurfacing when everyone thinks it's a faded glory
I see our materialistic world
I see how everyone is striving to be something they are not
I see young youths being trampled upon by so called predecessors
Carefully caressing myself in front of a dented mirror
I see dented images
Looks like horror
I see my dreams-shattered dreams
I see myself in non realistic realms
Walking alone in this hall of lies
All I feel are hands hoping to hold me
Maybe that's how it meant to be
I feel the world reeling me in
Pain and misery fall from the sky
I try to ignore them but they still get by
I hear aspiring little voices of hope
Surprisingly, I'm not bothered
Apparently, these things-all these things
The lies, injustice, corruption.
Were never built to last
We have a capable generation
We have recurrent heroes
Trying to put things right
But what about me?
I'm a little tiny flower
With just developing petals
A small tender belle
That has the loudest voice of justice
That cancels out whatever form of corruption
I'm not going to fade away
I'm gonna get accomplished
Why?. You ask me why?
I'll tell you why
I was built to last.

Comments

Unknown said…
cool write up ZEE
Unknown said…
Nyc one. Didnt know u write as goog as this. Keep it up bae
Unknown said…
you did good :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Tree of Inspiration By Babatunde Paul

THE REAL ME : SEYI MABEWEJE

DON'T QUIT :LATILO FISAYO.