THE PACE, THE TIMING (a true life story) By PAUL_SPEAKS


Few days ago, I was fetching water with a friend. I carried a very big bowl of water, while he carried two, because of the size; I placed mine on my head, while he carried his with his two hands. Our destination was a two story building where he lived.
Consequently, the buckets and bowl were filled with water, ready to be carried to our destination. Meanwhile, he lived on the 2nd floor of that story building.
After helping me to lift my bowl so I could place it on my head, we started the journey towards home, I soon discovered that he was paced far ahead of me. I became really uncomfortable with this, so I decided to take giant strides. I also soon discovered that with each step i took to catch up with him, I was either wavering with the water on my head or staggering, despite that I was focused on keeping up with him because I didn’t want to stay at the back, as fate would have it, I got what I deserved at last, the water I carried on my head spilled out, stepping on it made me trip, I fell flat on the ground and all my water poured away wasting all my effort, in fact I got injured.



Surprisingly, my friend had gone so far ahead of me to even notice what had happened, so I was all alone until he was coming to fetch the second round.  I learnt a few lessons,
Let’s take a look at it together.
LESSON #1 :
Our starting point was where we fetched the water from, which implies strongly that our process of birth is the same, we were all born of a woman, and this is where life has a beginning for us all.
LESSON # 2:
The content of our bowl and buckets were the same. That is how each and everyone has a reason for living which is our purpose.
LESSON #3:
We both had different sizes of containers to carry our content (water), in life, as true as it is that we all have something in common which is that we all have a purpose, but the reality of our purpose differs from each other, your mission is different from mine.
LESSON #4:
Both of our timings where different because there was a difference in the size of our content likewise in life, we all have different timings for us to reach our goal or to fulfill our life assignment which is our purpose.

LESSON #5:
As I wanted to follow his pattern and footsteps so that I could keep up with his pace forgetting what I was carrying, similarly in life, you don’t  follow anybody’s pattern or run at the same pace  with someone who seems ahead because of his/her own purpose and timing: moreover, you must know that you have a different purpose and then consequently, you’ll understand your own timing and step, your purpose is for a time, do not fast forward your life or cut it short  by fashioning it after another person’s lifestyle.
LESSON #6:
It was obvious that I got what I deserved by trying to run at his pace, more so in life, everything comes with a result or reward, so if you decide to follow an image that doesn’t look like yours, then you will  have a copy  of your picture that wasn’t well edited.
LESSONS #7:
We both had the same destination in  mind, likewise in life, we all have the same destination, but yet we run and rush when we are not supposed to because of another person, so when the person we are chasing is out of the picture it leaves us destabilized and disturbed  because, we had it all wrong from the beginning.
# Know it now; you were designed and customized with your own unique purpose and timing. Following another person’s lifestyle or pattern will be punishable in the long run.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tree of Inspiration By Babatunde Paul

THE REAL ME : SEYI MABEWEJE

DON'T QUIT :LATILO FISAYO.