YOUR OWN POWER BY JOSEPH-SAM SARAH

When you have power, you sing a song
When you have nothing, you just scream
When you have power, you own a land
When you have nothing, you are a farmer
When you have power, you own the law
When you have nothing, you are the citizen
When you have power, you give command
When you have nothing, you are a mouthpiece
When you have power, you mount a podium
When you have nothing, you look up

When you have power, you are somebody's relation
When you have nothing, you are nobody's friend  
When you have power, you just sleep
When you have nothing, you dream a lot
When you have power, you have children
When you have nothing, you are just someone that gives birth
When you have power, you can do anything
When you have nothing, you can do nothing
When you have power, you change the world
When you have nothing, you are changed by the world

When you have power, you make history
When you have nothing, you tell your history
When you have power, you desire more
When you have nothing, you desire none
When you have power, you are a king
When you have nothing, you are just a slave
But alas! power is not all
It can never be all
There are things i know
And others don't know

I have no power but i can sing
I have no power but i am a landlady
I have no power but i have friends
I have no power but i am a dreamer while sleeping
I have no power but i can make things
I have no power but i change my world
I have no power but i have great desires
I have no power but my past reflects
I have no power but i rule
I have no power but i am happy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tree of Inspiration By Babatunde Paul

THE REAL ME : SEYI MABEWEJE

DON'T QUIT :LATILO FISAYO.