WHAT I BELIEVE BY SILAS BABS

You really want to know what I believe……….Lets view it together then, if you also have the same BELIEVE…….
Once I was a kid, I never knew my right from wrong and yet I tried things which I had no idea of the outcome. My mum will see me trying to do something dangerous and will say “My child don’t do this or don’t do that” but she will say it in a way I could understand like saying “JOJO” which means it’s hot don’t touch it, I would leave the place and go there some other time touching the hot object and alas it burns my hand…..A lesson learnt.
I grew older, my mum will warn me several times of not doing the wrong things since I have known my right from my wrongs, I wouldn’t listen until I am been flogged/scolded. Why I was flogged was because I use to yield to warning before but as time goes on I don’t often again  only flogging could make me calm…….
I grew to be a teenager and started feeling on top of the world where I never listened to warnings even flogging made me tough, I would do something wrong and all I will say is “it is not more than cane”….hmmmmm…yeah indeed it wasn’t more than cane. Then another means came up.
I grew older than a young adult “teenager” my parent felt I was getting to understand things so they reduced beating when they saw it had little effect. I try something wrong again and then they call me sit me down and talk SENSE into my head…..wow (._.) that one really entered, then I became calm again because I can now sit down on my own to do some in-depth thinking……..
I grow everyday so I grew older again, this time what happens……I remember warnings, cane and talks and yet I push them aside and do what is in my mind and after I get the result…….Was the outcome bad?, was the outcome horrible?, was it a life to remember kind of experience?.......A Yoruba adage says “obe ge omo lowo omo sobe nu, obe ti se n kan to fe se”……
What do I believe in……?
                            ECNEIREPXE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tree of Inspiration By Babatunde Paul

THE REAL ME : SEYI MABEWEJE

DON'T QUIT :LATILO FISAYO.